Organic Chicken Bone Broth
A Gut healthy bone broth that can be eaten alone or as the basis of a chicken or vegetable soup.
- 3 Quarts Filtered Water
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Organic, Free-range or Kosher Whole Chicken, Cleaned and Cut into pieces (If you wish, you can substitute grass-fed beef or another type of poultry for the chicken.)
- 6 Chicken Feet
- 8 Organic Carrots, Sliced
- 6 Stalks of Organic Celery, Sliced
- 3 Medium-Sized Organic White or Yellow Onions, Peeled and Diced
- 3 organic lemons
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Diced (Omit if you have upper GI problems or severe heartburn.)
- 2-4 Tbsp. Sea or Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns.
- 8 Sprigs of Rosemary
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preparation: Place the filtered water in a crock pot, add apple cider vinegar, and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the remainder of ingredients; and set on high. Leave on high for 6 hours then lower the heat to low for 18 hours. Remove the chicken meat from the bones; place the bones back in the crockpot. Refrigerate the chicken meat. Simmer on low for additional 24 hours. Then remove and discard bones, rosemary sticks, and chicken feet. Allow to cool slightly. Add broth and vegetables to high speed blender and blend into thick, rich broth.
- Serving: Ladle into soup bowls, add chicken and serve hot.
- Some people with extremely severe conditions may want to discard the chicken and vegetables and consume only the broth.
Rebelogix LLC / Offering Biblical, Creative Life Coaching https://rebelogix.com/