Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe is gluten-free if you use corn tortillas. Read the ingredients on the tortilla package to verify that no wheat is listed.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (16 ounces) salsa verde, store-bought
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, I use rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 6-inch corn tortillas
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- To make the sauce, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the salsa verde and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream and cilantro. Taste for seasoning, adjusting with salt and pepper. If sauce is too spicy, add more sour cream.
- Set aside about 1 cup of the sauce for assembling the enchiladas.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir in half of the cheese into the sauce that has not been set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch baking dish and spread a little reserved sauce on the bottom.
- Add about 1/3 cup of the chicken filling to the middle of each tortilla and roll into a cylinder. Repeat, lining up tortillas, seam-side down, tightly in the dish.
- Spread the reserved sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 15 minutes longer, until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, add chopped cilantro on top with a dollop of sour cream and diced tomatoes.
Rebelogix LLC / Offering Biblical, Creative Life Coaching https://rebelogix.com/